9.12.2010

Pumpkin Face Mask: Fall's Facial!

Happy Sunday all!

Sorry this post is alittle later than usual; I went to the farmer's market earlier, and the bounty was just so good I got kinda carried away.  But I'll be canning and preserving the yumminess throughout the week, so that makes it worth it for me.  But on to the good stuff!


This week starts my series on bath, body, & beauty you can make with our Autumn bounty, things you either already have at home, or can grab up at the farmers market or your local grocer. Today, I'm going to give you a recipe for a Pumpkin Face Mask, so let's get started.

You'll need:
  • 2 tsp canned pumpkin (or you can puree your own fresh pumpkin)
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • 1/4 tsp milk 

Honey acts as a humectant, which means it helps your skin to retain moisture.  For the milk, you can use any kind you want (cow milk, goats milk, soy, etc) just be sure it's not a flavored milk because that's too much sugar.  The milk, surprisingly, contains acids that help to gently exfoliate your skin.  You can check out last week's post here for the skin benefits of pumpkin. 

Customizations for dry skin: 
1/2 tsp heavy whipping cream instead of milk (high in alpha hydroxy acids)
OR
1/2 tsp brown sugar (instead of milk, to exfoliate)

Customizations for oily skin: 
1/4 tsp apple cider (instead of milk; it's a great toner, hich in alpha hydroxy, and helps to regulate skin's pH level)
OR
1/4 tsp cranberry juice (really high in antioxidants)

I also have a dry formula that will be in my shop by end of day if you prefer something that will last alittle longer, and has more skin-loving ingredients in it.  Click the link below to check it out!

I hope you've found this interesting, and I'll be back next week with another easy, at-home spa recipe.

Lots of love, and enjoy the bounty of the season!

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment