8.29.2010

A Change in the Air

© CND Photography 2010

Happy Sunday all!

After a long weekend for vacation last week, I'm back and feeling refreshed!  It's always really nice to get away for awhile, especially at the end of summer.  It seems like Fall is coming a little early this year to the Pacific Northwest, but I actually welcome it.  There's just something about the season that reminds me to slow down, look inward, and be creative.  

I just launched my Samhain/Halloween line for RedSunflower Designs, and you can view the line here.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with Samhain, it's what we now call Halloween or All Hallows Eve, and is the final of the harvest celebrations celebrated for centuries.  It's a time to think about your ancestors, reflect on what you've accomplished this year, and make goals for the year to come.  It also happens to be one of the more creative times of the year for me, personally.  I always find myself very inspired by change of seasons, and the abundance found in nature at this time.  

This year, I have several blends that I have adapted abit from last year's line up. These are available as lotions, body butters, oils, and even lip balms.  And I still have one top secret product to launch for the line; I'm waiting on one ingredient, which should be here sometime this week.  These will be available until the beginning of November, at which point my holiday line will be coming out.  

I decided to use this week's post as more of an update.  I have several other new products coming out in the next month or so, and I'm really looking forward to getting further and further into the creative process.  Being creative in my daily life is important to me, and a big part of self-expression.  I encourage everyone to use this time at the days get shorter and darker in the coming months to find a way to express yourself creatively, and find something you're passionate about.  Until next week....

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment