6.27.2010

Make a Facial Scrub In Your Own Kitchen!

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope everyone's out enjoying the sun & heat.  I don't want to take up your entire day, so today is another DIY recipe.  I thought I would give you a basic recipe for a facial (& body) scrub you can make simply with the ingredients you have in your kitchen.  So read on and enjoy!

You'll need:

  • 3-4 tbsp Brown sugar
  • 2 -4 tbsp of some kind of oil (you can use olive, etc but I recommend grapeseed if you have it)
  • 3-4 tbsp Oatmeal
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • Botanicals (optional)
  • Essential oils (not necessary)
Take about 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar, the oil (start with 2 tbsp or so, then add from there as needed), and honey, & combine in a small bowl.  Grind about 4tbsp oatmeal in a food processor or blender, and add this to the bowl.  You can now add any essential oils and/or botanicals you'd like.  Some people like to grind up alittle lavender or rose petals to add to it.  Tip: Vanilla essential oil (if you have it) is a great addition.  Very warm and comforting.   That's it!  Just mix to your desired consistency, then use as  gentle and completely natural scrub!  This recipe is enough for 1-2 uses as a facial scrub. 

Do you like when I give you recipes like this?  Is it helpful?  Let me know. Until next week..

Peace, Love, & Natural Blessings,

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment